Infertility: Varicoceles Issues in Men Signs and Symptoms.
Have you had the time to check if you have varicoceles .
Have you helped your partner examine His testicles?
Here are some common signs to look out for:
1. Usually in your left scrotum
2. Feels like a “bag of worms”
3. May disappear when you lie down
4. Can cause severe pain It’s a common cause of infertility in men which can be corrected with surgery.
Varicocele is an enlargement of the veins inside the scrotum.
It affects about 15% of adult men.
It may occur due to poorly functioning valves normally found in the veins.
Sometimes it may occur due to compression of a vein by a nearby structure such as tumor or cancer of the left kidney.
People with varicoceles may have:
- A noticeable swollen vein in the scrotum (as shown in this pic).
- A disturbing feeling of weight in the scrotum.
- Pain in the scrotum which increases on standing.
- Shrinking of the testicles Sometimes, none of these symptoms occur.
In fact, some people with varicoceles will feel nothing more than a dull, aching or dragging pain in their scrotum.
This gets worse after exercise or at the end of the day.
Although Varicoceles may not produce symptoms, they are a common cause of low sperm count & infertility in men.
Sperm cells are very fragile & varicoceles create abnormal temperature inside the testis.
This might kill some sperm or reduce their quality, leading to infertility
Varicoceles that cause no symptoms typically require no treatment.
But if symptoms occur, a surgery called varicocelectomy can be done to restore proper blood flow to your testis.
This restore fertility.
Many men are able to impregnate their women after this surgery
Varicocelectomy is a safe procedure that has a high chance of improving your fertility.
Talk to your doctor about whether this surgery is necessary.
After reading “Infertility: Varicoceles Issues in Men Signs and Symptoms”, Kindly share it with family and friends.
You can save someone’s marriage.